Being a child of the 1970s my first encounter with programming was in the era of home computers. Those tiny machines (mine was a Laser 210) were usually fed with BASIC, which was the first programming language I learned. Later came C, Perl and a few more. During the 90s I wrote a bunch of programs for the Atari ST series. I was so proud of my TT. The first decade of my professional career was (inevitably) Java. Today it’s mostly Kotlin, C#, Dart and Swift.
- A talk about make your Jetpack Compose UI look great on foldable devices
- A talk about implementing a retro-style game using Jetpack Compose
- In the series From Swing to Compose Desktop I show you how to transform a Java Swing-app to Compose for Desktop
- Some reflections on functions and for ever young are nostalgic trips into the past of programming. I take a look at how loops, functions and subroutines were used in the BASIC programming language.
- Unfolding the mystery, Aug 17 2022 in talks
- Composing margins and paddings, Aug 02 2022 in articles
- Building a cross platform remote control for presentations, Jun 27 2022 in articles
- About crossroads, health, and happiness, May 12 2022 in articles
- Fixing external display issues on my M1 MacBook Pro, Mar 30 2022 in articles
- Keyboard handling in Jetpack Compose, Mar 19 2022 in articles
I maintain a list of all activities available on this site.